Ennui for free

Welcome to my blog! It should be smooooth sailing, folks ... I'm kidding. It shan't be - at least I hope not. Upsetting? Perhaps. Neurotic? Probably. But I assure you that it will always remain far from unreadable. In all earnestness, please enjoy. I hope this isn't a waste of your time ... because I'll admit to you, - friend, stranger, critic, etc - with my heart, beating, vulnerable and moist on my sleeve - it will never be a waste of mine.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

OMG followed by OMG

Huge OMG day, really. I know one has to be careful of overusing the trendy term, but today I let it all out, cuz there was definitely heaps of OMG in my day today.

First of all, I'm off today, and a day off feels so good that I usually feel like going to work as a customer just so I can truly feel that I DO NOT HAVE TO WORK TODAY feeling! I usually veg out and stay home, but still, the feeling is there.

So, mostly though, today I found this great website that sells funny Pilipino-American pride t-shirts and other gear. (Like most people, I found it while watching a new HappySlip vlog.) I'm so excited, I almost paid extra for expedited shipping! You know that means I was excited.


I ended up getting a tote canvas bag with this "Pinay" logo they have and then I saw this other design they have that says "Maganda" and has a flower, I think a hibiscus which my dad grows, which I used to draw a lot in high school. Anyways, when I first got my MacBook a while back I wanted to name it, cuz she's a cute little thing who I spend a lot of time with. My friend Jammie thought 'mac-galing' would be cool cuz magaling is tagalog for "really well done" or almost like "bravo". But Mac-ganda would be cool too, and I really need more meaningful stickers for this sucker. And I've been wanting to go to the Philippines SOOO much recently too.



So, okay, and theeeen John sent me a YouChoob thing that talked about this Filipino cover band singer who sings exactly like Steve Perry from Journey! And theeeeen, Neil Schon from Journey saw him on YouTube and freakin' hired him to replace Steve Perry!!!! How absolutely awesome is it that the new Journey lead vocalist is a Filipino guy! He is a stunning, even "soaring tenor" - as the press release contends - and states that he doesn't wanna copy paste Steve "The Voice" Perry, but be true to himself as well as to the greatest band in the world! I'm like beyond myself and filled with madaming Fil-Am pride! I'm literally pumping my fists in the air. Just as you imagined it.

Witness the uncanny resemblance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nnNji6s3ck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home