Ennui for free

Welcome to my blog! It should be smooooth sailing, folks ... I'm kidding. It shan't be - at least I hope not. Upsetting? Perhaps. Neurotic? Probably. But I assure you that it will always remain far from unreadable. In all earnestness, please enjoy. I hope this isn't a waste of your time ... because I'll admit to you, - friend, stranger, critic, etc - with my heart, beating, vulnerable and moist on my sleeve - it will never be a waste of mine.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Projekt Revolution Tour

Last night's concert was totally mega sweet! For sure. John got us tickets for my birthday (a full month and a half early . . . What a great bf!). I've always wanted to see Linkin Park in concert. I have their Pankake Festival concert DVD and used to watch it endlessly. I don't know if there's any other band that I really, really, really want to see. Well, ok, there's a few, but I can't even think of them cuz I'm still pumped over how great this band was. Apart from the awesome, high energy sets from My Chemical Romance and LINKIN FREAKIN' PARK, there was a second stage which was over with by the time we got there. We caught Julien-K who were pretty good and gothy. But for some reason the the roadies from Placebo walked onto the last 5 minutes of their set and started tearing down early. Major show fowl. They weren't even running overtime. They even took the guitar out of one of the guys' hands. Not sure what that was all about. So yeah, John and I decided to walk around more and check out the booths. You think there'd be more vendor booths than just the couple that were selling jewelry, but oh well. John, my Tangueray and I enjoyed the shaded cantina area and people watched, which is the best thing to do at a concert like this where everyone and everything was out, walkin' about and burning together under the hot sun. Btw, how bad do I feel bad for white people and the painful looking sunburns they got yesterday! Man. Doors were at noon and we'd gotten there at like 4:30. By that time the damage had definitely been done but I still felt like passing out those cone hats that Vietnamese rice paddy workers wear. The chick in front of me had a killer bra tan complete with strap and that plastic circle that links in the back.



Two thirds of the way through my drink, I had a moment. While watching all the cubes, the punks, the dads, the neo punks, the small children, and the other crazies go by, John tells me that a lady had just walked by who looked like Beth from Dog the Bounty Hunter. I practically broke my neck doing a 180 to look at her. Then I had an idea that I haven't had in a good 5 years. I suddenly had a really good idea for a halloween costume. I'm going to be Beth and it's going to be awesome. I'm talkin the real deal here - tattoo on my boob, blonde wig, stripper shoes, blue eye shadow, iridescent pink lipstick and A FANNY PACK EQUIPPED WITH MACE!!! I have to go all out, mostly because that's how she rolls, but also because since I'm asian and a pretty dark shade of brown I'm not sure about how recognizable I'm gonna be as Beth, but I think since I have a few months to prepare that it'll actually be fine. If only I can get John to dress up as Dog . . .

I was surrounded by tall white people, so I had to stand on the chair. I leaned on John so that I wouldn't get in too many people's way and he served as a great buffer to my rockin out. I didn't think I had the power to knock over John, but Basically, people were so pumped over LP that there were times that I couldn't here Chester. That's what kind of concert this was. I mean, I couldn't decipher absolutely everything myself, but that's because I spent the whole time screaming and singing at the top of my lungs, but I shat up enough to check out the rest of the crowd, because that's always cool to watch.

I don't wanna get longwinded about all the reasons I love LP, but I do have to say a few things. LP is six guys. That's alot to deal with. A lot of opinion, a lot of emotion and thoughts and ego and tastes. But these guys are still going strong as a united, damn good band. And they're not afraid to cry on stage. They're my kind of band, they had a varied set list from intense hard metal tracks to the early hip hop-y fused tracks to songs with just Mike, Chester and a piano. They were really diggin the crowd too which always makes for great output.

Here's another part of the story. I decide to get garlic fries (I think they're a Bay are a thing, not sure, but I do know they're delicious) and a corn dog. We go back to our seats and Taking Back Sunday is up. I only knew that one single they have, which I like. They seem kind of like a blank rock band actually. Placebo was better. HIM was HIM, a little too Creed-y for us. The big guy behind me, however, thought they were the bee's knees and was totally drunk singing. I'm all about people who are all about their bands so I didn't really mind, but then he started spitting on me. I put a tissue over my fries and laughed a little inside. But then he started getting a little angry and just very negative. I kind of feel bad for people who get really negative when they drink or when they're in a cool place in general. These all day concerts are all about good vibes, you know, kind of Woodstock-like, and for someone to start dissing other bands because they only came for one of the bands is just so fowl. I blocked him out, but I couldn't help seeing all the dirty looks he was getting and by the middle of MCR's set he was nearly kicked out by security. His wife was so mad, "Just wait til tomorrow when you can remember what we're talking about." Ooooo. Burned (and not by the sun). Security had nothing over her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home