Ennui for free

Welcome to my blog! It should be smooooth sailing, folks ... I'm kidding. It shan't be - at least I hope not. Upsetting? Perhaps. Neurotic? Probably. But I assure you that it will always remain far from unreadable. In all earnestness, please enjoy. I hope this isn't a waste of your time ... because I'll admit to you, - friend, stranger, critic, etc - with my heart, beating, vulnerable and moist on my sleeve - it will never be a waste of mine.

Friday, September 21, 2007

the Cods!

Cody is definitely alot like me. I started writing this out, but I think I'm just gonna make a list of all our striking similarities. Lists are fun!

We are both very short.
We suffer sensitive, problematic skin.
We both have a shamefully terrible sense of smell. It's so bad that please don't tell hesitate to tell me if I smell because I usually can't smell myself.
Depending on who you ask, we're pretty lazy/sleepy/mellow.
We have wet noses.
We are easy to startle/scare.
overactive eye booger production
Depending on who you ask, we're pretty furry/hairy.




The only big opposite traits that I can think of right now is that I'm dark skinned with dark hair and he's cream colored (not white!) with just a few medium brown areas. Cody is not a big chatterbox like myself, and is indeed extremely shy.

So my point is that I was just tellin' Cody that he looks really nice today. Instead of responding, he continued to sniff out the debris on our concrete patio. Only after a good 15 minutes of this did he actually plop his end down and just stare upwards. It literally looks like he's just looking up at nothing with his tongue out . It really does look like "dumb dog" or just plain retarded behavior. But I have to say, that honestly, if I were a cute little white boy lhasa apso dog, I think I'd do the exact thing. All day. Except when I was napping, which is what I'd prolly be doing 75% of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home