Ennui for free

Welcome to my blog! It should be smooooth sailing, folks ... I'm kidding. It shan't be - at least I hope not. Upsetting? Perhaps. Neurotic? Probably. But I assure you that it will always remain far from unreadable. In all earnestness, please enjoy. I hope this isn't a waste of your time ... because I'll admit to you, - friend, stranger, critic, etc - with my heart, beating, vulnerable and moist on my sleeve - it will never be a waste of mine.

Monday, January 14, 2008

A KEYS!

I went to my Uncle Rick's this weekend and my Auntie Marie had this gorgeous baby grand piano, a Petrof, which sounds like some awesome Russian or East European brand, which is enough to impress me. It had cool filligree (sp?) too. It's just inspirational to see an instrument like that.

Speaking of how awesome pianos are in general, Alicia Keys' new album is on point. I listen to it on loop, it's just simply great writing. Her vocals have even more confidence than they have previously and the songs have just so much substance to them. I never doubted that she can keep creating great albums that can just stand on their own, but it still is an amazing group of songs. This is reminding me of my days at the Union where I found it actually harder to review good album, as opposed to bad ones. hehe.

btw, I've seen the new Rob & Big episode like 4 times now, it's a real good one and it was free on itunes. So funny, and they really haven't changed much since their first season. Which I imagine is difficult to do for anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home