Ennui for free

Welcome to my blog! It should be smooooth sailing, folks ... I'm kidding. It shan't be - at least I hope not. Upsetting? Perhaps. Neurotic? Probably. But I assure you that it will always remain far from unreadable. In all earnestness, please enjoy. I hope this isn't a waste of your time ... because I'll admit to you, - friend, stranger, critic, etc - with my heart, beating, vulnerable and moist on my sleeve - it will never be a waste of mine.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

I moved to NorCal!!!

So maybe you know that I've moved to the Bay area and maybe you don't. So just to let you know... I moved to the Bay area! To make a short story shorter, I decided to get back together with John because even after more than 4 years of being with him he remains my adorable and completely lovable ManBear.

The thing is, he'd gone and upgraded himself to a better job. That appeal of that new gig is shadowed by one thing, and that was its location - NorCal, the Peninsula, the Bay area, "up North", SF, etc.

I'm not one for long distance relationships, and we'd been living together for at least 2 and a half years prior, so I wrestled with an impending decision. Do I stick around in my comfortable (I'd since moved back to my parent's house - dog in tow) and well-cushioned surroundings (because it was the place I'd grown up in since I was 5 and being away for a while gave me a brand new fixation on it... cheap Filipino and Asian food, mmm) or do I take the risk, accept the change, dive in, etc.?

I basically looked at the Bay as an opportunity. And I've always told myself that opportunity is a very important life concept. It's an opportunity to grow up completely, be on my own. It's an act of sacrifice towards my relationship and an act that solidifies my commitment to it. It's an opportunity to live in one of the other major US metropolitan areas too! The Bay is it's own thing, you really can't compare it to any other place.

This move is gonna challenge every other relationship I have too. I have to struggle to - not just "keep in touch" with the people in my life - but make sure my friendships and familial relationship don't go to complete shit just because I'm on the other end of the state. people. I would be very little if I didn't have the people that I have in my life, my parents, my brothers, cousins, aunties, uncles, my girlfriends . . . and just because I left SoCal, I don't want it to mean that I left them. Its definitely is a sink or swim situation, financially, emotionally, and all that. I need challenge in my life, and I'm prepared to take this one on. No matter how much I miss my peeps. . . brb, kleenex moment =(

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jerome said…

    awww. I totally support you at's. haha at's. don't you miss dad? aw sorry for the reminder. but yeah i know you'll do awesome over there. i wish you and john the best and the cods to. haha love you, ate!! STAY STRONG BRAA!!

    - Your Bra

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you didn't leave us...it's more like you expanded the family territory outside of c-town. and we still miss you! good luck with everything!

    -dez

     

Post a Comment

<< Home