Ennui for free

Welcome to my blog! It should be smooooth sailing, folks ... I'm kidding. It shan't be - at least I hope not. Upsetting? Perhaps. Neurotic? Probably. But I assure you that it will always remain far from unreadable. In all earnestness, please enjoy. I hope this isn't a waste of your time ... because I'll admit to you, - friend, stranger, critic, etc - with my heart, beating, vulnerable and moist on my sleeve - it will never be a waste of mine.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Random thoughts from my day off

In our new apartment there's like 4 keys and a gate opener. There's a apartment key, a building key, a mail key and a gate key (or what I like to call the key to the gate that leads me to Tapioca Express. The TapEx key, if you will.) I now really hate keys. I usually just really dislike them. You'd think they'd be archaic by now. I know there are key cards in hotes and fingerprint recognition things to get into doors but that's only if you work for the CIA and places like that. But like how come old fashioned keys are still around? They're like metal-ly and uncool looking and just blah. I think people need to redesign the key. Everything's getting redesigned now, John showed me a pic online of a knife and fork that you can punch out of a credit card shaped card thing. I'm too lazy to look it up and link it so for now I'll leave you with a quick, dare I say stylish, fix to the key dilemma. Although I'm pretty sure that this particular crisis is something that only I would overthink. Dead sure, actually.




I'm watching Unwrapped on Food Network and they're making Sterno canned heat (isn't that a band name?) and how they make fake food. If you go to an asian restaurant, mostly a japanese one, you might see food in the window that looks appetizing enough but it's actually fake food and looks a little "glazed". Cool stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home